During my youth my parents would often instill words of wisdom, advice, and knowledge into my ever-expanding cranium. Somewhere in between the shoe-tying lessons and dinner table etiquette speech, I will always remember a very important practice they preached; never storm out of the house, hang up the phone, or go to sleep mad at those you love the most. Clearly, Ne-Yo is a product of a solid upbringing, as this very message is at the heart of his forthcoming third single, Mad, from the recently-released near-classic of an album, Year of the Gentleman. Over production work from frequent collaborator, Stargate, the Arkansas-born singer/songwriter’s harmonizing over his own layered vocals will undoubtedly lead to many relationships being mended. Mad has been sent to radio stations nationwide for the week of October 14.
Listen to More: Ne-Yo
Written by DJ Z on 10/1/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.