During my youth my parents would often instill words of wisdom, advice, and knowledge into my ever-expanding cranium. Somewhere in between the shoe-tying lessons and dinner table etiquette speech, I will always remember a very important practice they preached; never storm out of the house, hang up the phone, or go to sleep mad at those you love the most. Clearly, Ne-Yo is a product of a solid upbringing, as this very message is at the heart of his forthcoming third single, Mad, from the recently-released near-classic of an album, Year of the Gentleman. Over production work from frequent collaborator, Stargate, the Arkansas-born singer/songwriter’s harmonizing over his own layered vocals will undoubtedly lead to many relationships being mended. Mad has been sent to radio stations nationwide for the week of October 14.
Written by DJ Z on 10/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.