During my youth my parents would often instill words of wisdom, advice, and knowledge into my ever-expanding cranium. Somewhere in between the shoe-tying lessons and dinner table etiquette speech, I will always remember a very important practice they preached; never storm out of the house, hang up the phone, or go to sleep mad at those you love the most. Clearly, Ne-Yo is a product of a solid upbringing, as this very message is at the heart of his forthcoming third single, Mad, from the recently-released near-classic of an album, Year of the Gentleman. Over production work from frequent collaborator, Stargate, the Arkansas-born singer/songwriter’s harmonizing over his own layered vocals will undoubtedly lead to many relationships being mended. Mad has been sent to radio stations nationwide for the week of October 14.
Written by DJ Z on 10/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.