During my youth my parents would often instill words of wisdom, advice, and knowledge into my ever-expanding cranium. Somewhere in between the shoe-tying lessons and dinner table etiquette speech, I will always remember a very important practice they preached; never storm out of the house, hang up the phone, or go to sleep mad at those you love the most. Clearly, Ne-Yo is a product of a solid upbringing, as this very message is at the heart of his forthcoming third single, Mad, from the recently-released near-classic of an album, Year of the Gentleman. Over production work from frequent collaborator, Stargate, the Arkansas-born singer/songwriter’s harmonizing over his own layered vocals will undoubtedly lead to many relationships being mended. Mad has been sent to radio stations nationwide for the week of October 14.
Written by DJ Z on 10/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.