Now maybe it’s just me, but with the sudden arrival of Frank Ocean‘s debut album and a new single from veteran crooner Ne-Yo the genre of R&B seems poised to have one of the best weeks in recent memory. Not to be overdone by boisterous newcomers Ne-Yo has released Let Me Love You, the second single from his upcoming album R.E.D. As crowded as the R&B/pop realm can be at times, the artist born Shaffer Chimere Smith has always managed to keep his head above water. And with songs that feature a tantalizing mix of silky vocals and club-ready production his longevity in the game should come as no surprise. Heavy on the keys, the production for Let Me Love You comes courtesy of Norwegian production duo (and frequent collaborators) Stargate. Basically, if you find yourself listening to Let Me Love You at your local club hot spit, then be prepared to have an Apple Martini (or equally Sex & The City-ish drink) spilled on your back by a pack of overly excited twenty-somethings. They’re going to absolutely love this one. Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. will be released via Compound Entertainment/Motown on September 18.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.