Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In my book, one of the greatest perks of being in a relationship is the ability to stay in; rather than feeling compelled to fill every spare moment with activity, you can simply kick back and stay in bed till noon with that special someone. The downside, of course, is that when you do have responsibilities, it’s even harder to extricate yourself from that warm embrace. Just ask R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who describes how his girl’s ”Lazy Love” has affected his work schedule on the latest single off his fifth studio album. Coming on the heels of hyperkinetic promo cut Burning Up, this record finds the pop hitmaker dialing back the intensity to tackle the languid side of romance; with frequent Frank Ocean collaborator Shea Taylor‘s languid piano production and understated, synth-fortified rhythm section as his canvas, the crooner soulfully, but ineffectually, protests against his girl’s efforts to keep him from heading downstairs to face the day. Feeling this understated bedroom burner? Then keep it locked for more freshl tunes leading up to the September 18, release of Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. LP.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.