Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In my book, one of the greatest perks of being in a relationship is the ability to stay in; rather than feeling compelled to fill every spare moment with activity, you can simply kick back and stay in bed till noon with that special someone. The downside, of course, is that when you do have responsibilities, it’s even harder to extricate yourself from that warm embrace. Just ask R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who describes how his girl’s ”Lazy Love” has affected his work schedule on the latest single off his fifth studio album. Coming on the heels of hyperkinetic promo cut Burning Up, this record finds the pop hitmaker dialing back the intensity to tackle the languid side of romance; with frequent Frank Ocean collaborator Shea Taylor‘s languid piano production and understated, synth-fortified rhythm section as his canvas, the crooner soulfully, but ineffectually, protests against his girl’s efforts to keep him from heading downstairs to face the day. Feeling this understated bedroom burner? Then keep it locked for more freshl tunes leading up to the September 18, release of Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. LP.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.