Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
In my book, one of the greatest perks of being in a relationship is the ability to stay in; rather than feeling compelled to fill every spare moment with activity, you can simply kick back and stay in bed till noon with that special someone. The downside, of course, is that when you do have responsibilities, it’s even harder to extricate yourself from that warm embrace. Just ask R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who describes how his girl’s ”Lazy Love” has affected his work schedule on the latest single off his fifth studio album. Coming on the heels of hyperkinetic promo cut Burning Up, this record finds the pop hitmaker dialing back the intensity to tackle the languid side of romance; with frequent Frank Ocean collaborator Shea Taylor‘s languid piano production and understated, synth-fortified rhythm section as his canvas, the crooner soulfully, but ineffectually, protests against his girl’s efforts to keep him from heading downstairs to face the day. Feeling this understated bedroom burner? Then keep it locked for more freshl tunes leading up to the September 18, release of Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. LP.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.