Ne-Yo likes his women like Joe Budden likes his label status: independent. In fact, the Def Jam crooner is so infatuated with all of the Miss Independents out there, that he joined up with fellow R&B star Jamie Foxx and labelmate Fabolous for Part 2 of his current single, appropriately titled She Got Her Own. The record, which is set for inclusion on Ne-Yo’s forthcoming (out next week) third studio album, Year of the Gentlemen, as a U.K. iTunes-only bonus track, finds all three featured artists explaining what it is that makes an independent lady so attractive. With Closer creeping towards the top of the Billboard Hot 100, and the original version of Miss Independent following suit, it is pretty easy to see why in addition to his favorite females, Ne-Yo too has got his own.
Written by DJ Z on 09/8/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.