Ne-Yo likes his women like Joe Budden likes his label status: independent. In fact, the Def Jam crooner is so infatuated with all of the Miss Independents out there, that he joined up with fellow R&B star Jamie Foxx and labelmate Fabolous for Part 2 of his current single, appropriately titled She Got Her Own. The record, which is set for inclusion on Ne-Yo’s forthcoming (out next week) third studio album, Year of the Gentlemen, as a U.K. iTunes-only bonus track, finds all three featured artists explaining what it is that makes an independent lady so attractive. With Closer creeping towards the top of the Billboard Hot 100, and the original version of Miss Independent following suit, it is pretty easy to see why in addition to his favorite females, Ne-Yo too has got his own.
Written by DJ Z on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.