Ne-Yo likes his women like Joe Budden likes his label status: independent. In fact, the Def Jam crooner is so infatuated with all of the Miss Independents out there, that he joined up with fellow R&B star Jamie Foxx and labelmate Fabolous for Part 2 of his current single, appropriately titled She Got Her Own. The record, which is set for inclusion on Ne-Yo’s forthcoming (out next week) third studio album, Year of the Gentlemen, as a U.K. iTunes-only bonus track, finds all three featured artists explaining what it is that makes an independent lady so attractive. With Closer creeping towards the top of the Billboard Hot 100, and the original version of Miss Independent following suit, it is pretty easy to see why in addition to his favorite females, Ne-Yo too has got his own.
Written by DJ Z on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.