Ne-Yo likes his women like Joe Budden likes his label status: independent. In fact, the Def Jam crooner is so infatuated with all of the Miss Independents out there, that he joined up with fellow R&B star Jamie Foxx and labelmate Fabolous for Part 2 of his current single, appropriately titled She Got Her Own. The record, which is set for inclusion on Ne-Yo’s forthcoming (out next week) third studio album, Year of the Gentlemen, as a U.K. iTunes-only bonus track, finds all three featured artists explaining what it is that makes an independent lady so attractive. With Closer creeping towards the top of the Billboard Hot 100, and the original version of Miss Independent following suit, it is pretty easy to see why in addition to his favorite females, Ne-Yo too has got his own.
Written by DJ Z on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.