Ne-Yo likes his women like Joe Budden likes his label status: independent. In fact, the Def Jam crooner is so infatuated with all of the Miss Independents out there, that he joined up with fellow R&B star Jamie Foxx and labelmate Fabolous for Part 2 of his current single, appropriately titled She Got Her Own. The record, which is set for inclusion on Ne-Yo’s forthcoming (out next week) third studio album, Year of the Gentlemen, as a U.K. iTunes-only bonus track, finds all three featured artists explaining what it is that makes an independent lady so attractive. With Closer creeping towards the top of the Billboard Hot 100, and the original version of Miss Independent following suit, it is pretty easy to see why in addition to his favorite females, Ne-Yo too has got his own.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.