If you’d tried to set up an appointment with Ne-Yo yesterday, his secretary would have regretfully informed you that the R&B heavyweight was booked up for, oh, the rest of eternity. Now that he’s discovered that the woman he was gonna spend the rest of his days with has been running around behind his back, however, his schedule is suddenly looking a lot more empty. Coming on the heels of singles Let Me Love You and Don’t Make ‘Em Like You, this club-ready selection finds the singer/songwriter sadly surveying his daybook in the wake of that romantic betrayal, wondering, “What am I gonna do with Forever Now?” Phat Boize, Bingo Players and Stargate join forces to craft an elegiac, yet body-moving backdrop for his plaintive verses. Feeling it? Fans can click here to pre-order R.E.D., which is scheduled for release November 6, via Universal Motown.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.