Women love Ne-Yo because he represents a species perceived to be endangered in this day and age: namely, the gentleman. As a paragon of chivalry and elegance, however, he demands a woman of equally rare class and sophistication. On single number three off his next studio album, following the reader-approved Let Me Love You, the hitmaking singer/songwriter pays tribute to one such specimen, marveling, “They Don’t Make Em Like You anymore.” Chuck Harmony handles production duties, serving up a bass-bumping, handclap-fortified instrumental backdrop for Ne-Yo’s portrait of feminine perfection. Wiz Khalifa echoes the headliner’s sentiments on the back, describing the kind of girl he’d eventually like to wife in a smooth and refined guest 16. Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 6, with Khalifa’s O.N.I.C. set to follow December 4.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.