Women love Ne-Yo because he represents a species perceived to be endangered in this day and age: namely, the gentleman. As a paragon of chivalry and elegance, however, he demands a woman of equally rare class and sophistication. On single number three off his next studio album, following the reader-approved Let Me Love You, the hitmaking singer/songwriter pays tribute to one such specimen, marveling, “They Don’t Make Em Like You anymore.” Chuck Harmony handles production duties, serving up a bass-bumping, handclap-fortified instrumental backdrop for Ne-Yo’s portrait of feminine perfection. Wiz Khalifa echoes the headliner’s sentiments on the back, describing the kind of girl he’d eventually like to wife in a smooth and refined guest 16. Ne-Yo’s R.E.D. LP is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 6, with Khalifa’s O.N.I.C. set to follow December 4.
Written by richard on 10/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.