As a child, I would run around the house with a tape deck and spontaneously break out into a dance session doing my best Michael Jackson impressions (come on, I know I wasn’t the only one). I could never resist the urge, especially when a song like Remember the Time came on. Now in my 20s, what happens when I listen to a song and get that exact feeling? Honestly? I still break out dancing, and that exactly what I did when I first listened to Ne-Yo’s new ode to the glamorous life, Champagne Life. Teaming back up with producer D. DoRohn Gough, Champagne Life has a mellow, free-flowing beat with hard-hitting drums and spacey strings sure to give anyone a feeling of euphoria. For his part, Ne-Yo hits us with soothing vocals at times reminiscent of a young Michael; displaying his range as he hits high notes and brings us back down like a roller coaster at Six Flags. So, now it’s up to you DJBooth. Does Champagne Life have you doing the Moonwalk? Ne-Yo’s upcoming album, Libra Scale, is set to drop in September.
Listen to More: Ne-Yo
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)