As a child, I would run around the house with a tape deck and spontaneously break out into a dance session doing my best Michael Jackson impressions (come on, I know I wasn’t the only one). I could never resist the urge, especially when a song like Remember the Time came on. Now in my 20s, what happens when I listen to a song and get that exact feeling? Honestly? I still break out dancing, and that exactly what I did when I first listened to Ne-Yo’s new ode to the glamorous life, Champagne Life. Teaming back up with producer D. DoRohn Gough, Champagne Life has a mellow, free-flowing beat with hard-hitting drums and spacey strings sure to give anyone a feeling of euphoria. For his part, Ne-Yo hits us with soothing vocals at times reminiscent of a young Michael; displaying his range as he hits high notes and brings us back down like a roller coaster at Six Flags. So, now it’s up to you DJBooth. Does Champagne Life have you doing the Moonwalk? Ne-Yo’s upcoming album, Libra Scale, is set to drop in September.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.