Decked out in a tux, bow tie, and maybe even a pair of white gloves, Ne-Yo was definitely prepared for 2008 (a.k.a. the “Year of the Gentleman”), and emerged in 2009 with platinum cuff links and a list of songwriting credits as long as DMX’s rap sheet. Two years later, he’s still Super High (well, at least Rick Ross is), and he’s prepared to unveil yet another mini-masterpiece with his new single Beautiful Monster. Producer Stargate had us all hopelessly addicted to Miss Independent when it dropped, and Monster seems to have the same drug-like potency once the bouncy, neo-funky production takes effect. Monsieur Ne-Yo, who refuses to let chivalry die, simply can’t bring himself to call the object of his affection a “monster” and therefore tacks on the “beautiful” and adds in a couple of “I don’t minds” to show that he doesn’t mind a good-looking woman with a little attitude. So which will it be Booth nation? Is this track beautiful, or a monster? Ne-Yo’s forthcoming album Libra Scale, which Beautiful Monster can be found on, is slated for a Fall release.
Written by Matty K on 05/25/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Because of You" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.