Just how quickly can one partner’s Trippin’ cause a promising relationship to hit the skids? Well, let’s see: Naturel‘s last feature, Video Dater, hit our front page July 28, so (assuming for the hell of it that he met his current girl the same day)... three weeks and five days. Yes, it doesn’t take long for constant gripes and baseless accusations to get old—and on this newly-leaked mixtape standout, the Brooklyn representative’s frustration is palpable. Omen & Audio BLK handle production duties, crafting a string-laced instrumental as smooth as the relationship in question is rocky. For his part, Naturel turns in a typically engaging performance, painting a porrait of romantic discord that listeners are liikely to find all-too-relatable. And on an unrelated, but hilarious note, the rapper’s mother apparently had the mouth of a sailor: “My mama told me, if a chick can’t make a house a home / ...leave that chick alone, that b*tch ain’t even worth the bone.” Words to live by. Anyway, those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more where this came from on Naturel’s Booth-hosted Momentous mixtape, released in late July and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 08/16/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.