Just how quickly can one partner’s Trippin’ cause a promising relationship to hit the skids? Well, let’s see: Naturel‘s last feature, Video Dater, hit our front page July 28, so (assuming for the hell of it that he met his current girl the same day)... three weeks and five days. Yes, it doesn’t take long for constant gripes and baseless accusations to get old—and on this newly-leaked mixtape standout, the Brooklyn representative’s frustration is palpable. Omen & Audio BLK handle production duties, crafting a string-laced instrumental as smooth as the relationship in question is rocky. For his part, Naturel turns in a typically engaging performance, painting a porrait of romantic discord that listeners are liikely to find all-too-relatable. And on an unrelated, but hilarious note, the rapper’s mother apparently had the mouth of a sailor: “My mama told me, if a chick can’t make a house a home / ...leave that chick alone, that b*tch ain’t even worth the bone.” Words to live by. Anyway, those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more where this came from on Naturel’s Booth-hosted Momentous mixtape, released in late July and available here for free download.
Written by richard on 08/16/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.