Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The sixth entry in the recently-relaunched series comes courtesy of Natural, the unsigned buzzmaker who linked up with the Booth to drop the free version of mixtape Ways to Go back in November. On Distilled, rising beatsmith Teddy Roxpin‘s eerie synth loops set the mood as the Boston native delivers a solid minute-and-a-half of witty, polysyllabically-rhymed braggadocio. Natural has yet to announce his plans for the new year, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"20 Something" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.