Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The sixth entry in the recently-relaunched series comes courtesy of Natural, the unsigned buzzmaker who linked up with the Booth to drop the free version of mixtape Ways to Go back in November. On Distilled, rising beatsmith Teddy Roxpin‘s eerie synth loops set the mood as the Boston native delivers a solid minute-and-a-half of witty, polysyllabically-rhymed braggadocio. Natural has yet to announce his plans for the new year, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"20 Something" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!