Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The sixth entry in the recently-relaunched series comes courtesy of Natural, the unsigned buzzmaker who linked up with the Booth to drop the free version of mixtape Ways to Go back in November. On Distilled, rising beatsmith Teddy Roxpin‘s eerie synth loops set the mood as the Boston native delivers a solid minute-and-a-half of witty, polysyllabically-rhymed braggadocio. Natural has yet to announce his plans for the new year, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"20 Something" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.