Remember, as a kid, when you couldn’t wait until you were a grownup? Well, nobody told us that being an adult isn’t all fun and games. Booth newcomer Natural‘s latest single and EP title track, which chronicles the artist’s difficult transition into adulthood, will likely resonate with each and every 20 Something out there. Teddy Roxpin’s soulful, bluesy beat is the perfect selection, as Natural’s lyrics are definitely blues-esque. In a brash yet crystal-clear flow, the Beantown native covers everything from the sparse job market to social media, and even manages to squeeze in a Boston-centered sports reference (”Bout to walk off / Big Papi with the bat flip.”) before the song ends. There is plenty more where this came from on Natural’s 20 Something EP, available online as of September.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monsters " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.