Located right on the collar of Canis Major, Sirius throws off more light than any other star in the night sky. Thus, the title of NatNaiel‘s latest promo single, Sirius Sh*t, doesn’t simply mean that the Garden State emcee’s mic skills are no joke; it also indicates just how brightly he aspires to shine in the rap game, as well as alluding to to the big dogs he rolls with on the daily. That triple-entendre is a fitting appetizer for the witty, allusive bars Nat delivers over Chemist‘s beat, a compulsively head-noddable groove driven by a vocoded bassline. Simbie Lives Long provides some off-the-cuff official visuals to round out the package. While this record isn’t part of a larger project, those feeling it will be able to cop the record free of charge next week, when NatNaiel releases the MP3 for digital download.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do What You Wanna Do" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.