Located right on the collar of Canis Major, Sirius throws off more light than any other star in the night sky. Thus, the title of NatNaiel‘s latest promo single, Sirius Sh*t, doesn’t simply mean that the Garden State emcee’s mic skills are no joke; it also indicates just how brightly he aspires to shine in the rap game, as well as alluding to to the big dogs he rolls with on the daily. That triple-entendre is a fitting appetizer for the witty, allusive bars Nat delivers over Chemist‘s beat, a compulsively head-noddable groove driven by a vocoded bassline. Simbie Lives Long provides some off-the-cuff official visuals to round out the package. While this record isn’t part of a larger project, those feeling it will be able to cop the record free of charge next week, when NatNaiel releases the MP3 for digital download.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do What You Wanna Do" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.