Fresh off earning positive reader reviews for solo features Tryna Get It and The Cut (Roll Up), Berkeley-based rap buzzmaker Clyde Shankle returns to our pages with Gods in the Clouds, his debut feature as one-half of hip-hop duo Na(T)ive Son. This freshly-released single finds Shankle trading blunted, braggadocious verses with Carbyne, a fellow member of Golden State collective CaliMade, over Spencer Stevens‘s woozy keyboard grooves. Bammer Family directs the record’s appropriately trippy (and mildly disturbing) official video, making its world premiere in the Booth. Gods in the Clouds is part of Na(T)ive Son’s The Harvest EP, available for free digital download as of August.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.