Fresh off earning positive reader reviews for solo features Tryna Get It and The Cut (Roll Up), Berkeley-based rap buzzmaker Clyde Shankle returns to our pages with Gods in the Clouds, his debut feature as one-half of hip-hop duo Na(T)ive Son. This freshly-released single finds Shankle trading blunted, braggadocious verses with Carbyne, a fellow member of Golden State collective CaliMade, over Spencer Stevens‘s woozy keyboard grooves. Bammer Family directs the record’s appropriately trippy (and mildly disturbing) official video, making its world premiere in the Booth. Gods in the Clouds is part of Na(T)ive Son’s The Harvest EP, available for free digital download as of August.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.