Have you seen the television show Dirty Sexy Money? I haven’t, but, considering how quickly it got canceled, I’m confident I didn’t miss anything. You would, however, be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t listen to this new track by London-based R&B singer Nathan, also titled Dirty Sexy Money. The instrumental, borrowed from Justice‘s Genesis, almost feels tailor-made for the track. Nathan sings an effortlessly compelling melody over the French house duo’s synth swishes and bass stabs, contouring his voice to match the beat’s every twist and turn. Genesis was a strong track on its own, but the addition of Nathan’s vocals makes for an incredibly catchy, yet substantial song—I almost hope the guys in Justice hear this and consider branching out into R&B production. In any case, this dance floor scorcher is sure to be a bigger hit than the short-lived TV series that shares its name.
Written by Dr. D on 06/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do Without Your Love" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.