I’d really like to see the birth certificate of Booth newcomer Nate Good. He claims to be a 20-year-old raised in Purcellville, VA, but, after checking out Sugar Water, I think he was really born in 1920s New York. How else can you explain his comfort atop ScottyMuzik‘s big band/swing-esque beat? Most emcees would get lost in the beat’s powerful, yet intricate sound, but not Nate; he sounds right at home. His flow is edgy, yet has a smoothness that really draws you in. He can overpower the beat when needed but, when the production settles, he switches to a much more easy-going style. Sugar Water can be found on Good’s newly-released project, The Jump, available now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.