I’d really like to see the birth certificate of Booth newcomer Nate Good. He claims to be a 20-year-old raised in Purcellville, VA, but, after checking out Sugar Water, I think he was really born in 1920s New York. How else can you explain his comfort atop ScottyMuzik‘s big band/swing-esque beat? Most emcees would get lost in the beat’s powerful, yet intricate sound, but not Nate; he sounds right at home. His flow is edgy, yet has a smoothness that really draws you in. He can overpower the beat when needed but, when the production settles, he switches to a much more easy-going style. Sugar Water can be found on Good’s newly-released project, The Jump, available now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)