I’d really like to see the birth certificate of Booth newcomer Nate Good. He claims to be a 20-year-old raised in Purcellville, VA, but, after checking out Sugar Water, I think he was really born in 1920s New York. How else can you explain his comfort atop ScottyMuzik‘s big band/swing-esque beat? Most emcees would get lost in the beat’s powerful, yet intricate sound, but not Nate; he sounds right at home. His flow is edgy, yet has a smoothness that really draws you in. He can overpower the beat when needed but, when the production settles, he switches to a much more easy-going style. Sugar Water can be found on Good’s newly-released project, The Jump, available now via Audiomack.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/30/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.