I’d really like to see the birth certificate of Booth newcomer Nate Good. He claims to be a 20-year-old raised in Purcellville, VA, but, after checking out Sugar Water, I think he was really born in 1920s New York. How else can you explain his comfort atop ScottyMuzik‘s big band/swing-esque beat? Most emcees would get lost in the beat’s powerful, yet intricate sound, but not Nate; he sounds right at home. His flow is edgy, yet has a smoothness that really draws you in. He can overpower the beat when needed but, when the production settles, he switches to a much more easy-going style. Sugar Water can be found on Good’s newly-released project, The Jump, available now via Audiomack.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!