When you can’t be with the one you love, alcohol often seems like a quick fix. Sometimes a few beers or cocktails will chase away the blues, but just as often they’ll exacerbate your condition and you’ll end up sobbing into your pillow. On his latest single, DMV buzzmaker Nate Good feels a pang of sympathy as he imagines an ex-girl doing just that while thinking of him: “I hate the thought of you just drownin’ in your Drunk Tears.” Scotty Muzik handles production duties, turning in a vocal-sampled beat that seems to “weep” right along with the shawty in question. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh tunes await on Nate Good’s Black Trucks LP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.