Felling sleepy, bored or just plain lazy? Well, Nate Good‘s refreshing new single will wake you up like a Cup of Joe. If this effort were in fact a cup of coffee, it would be black with just a touch of cream. It’s an original without a whole lot of fixings; the jazzy, dusty beat from ScottyMusik is a simple yet effective loop. The touch of sweetness comes from Nate’s relateable, charismatic yet laid-back flow. The ease with which he raps give this Cup of Joe that dash of sugar it needs to be refreshing and flavorful. There is no news on anything larger in the works but be sure to check out his last Booth spot (which was also his first) in Sugar Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.