Felling sleepy, bored or just plain lazy? Well, Nate Good‘s refreshing new single will wake you up like a Cup of Joe. If this effort were in fact a cup of coffee, it would be black with just a touch of cream. It’s an original without a whole lot of fixings; the jazzy, dusty beat from ScottyMusik is a simple yet effective loop. The touch of sweetness comes from Nate’s relateable, charismatic yet laid-back flow. The ease with which he raps give this Cup of Joe that dash of sugar it needs to be refreshing and flavorful. There is no news on anything larger in the works but be sure to check out his last Booth spot (which was also his first) in Sugar Water.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.