When the Booth featured Natasia Pena‘s buzz single, Activate, many listeners noted her creativity and range; however, the record produced mixed reviews. Probably paying attention to some of the critiques, the Bronx native changes up her sound to a more typical musical topic; that of what she ends up doing when Intoxicated at the club with many men around her. One of these fellas happens to be DJBooth-ridiculed emcee Yung Berg, who is known to add life to the party (see Sexy Can I) with his guest verses. Joining Berg is his acclaimed in-house producer, Rob Holiday, who mixes up the production with some danceable synths. Mix the above ingredients up, send the finished product to a label, and you’ve got a radio smash on your hands. Pena’s self-titled debut album is currently set for release this January.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Activate ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.