When the Booth featured Natasia Pena‘s buzz single, Activate, many listeners noted her creativity and range; however, the record produced mixed reviews. Probably paying attention to some of the critiques, the Bronx native changes up her sound to a more typical musical topic; that of what she ends up doing when Intoxicated at the club with many men around her. One of these fellas happens to be DJBooth-ridiculed emcee Yung Berg, who is known to add life to the party (see Sexy Can I) with his guest verses. Joining Berg is his acclaimed in-house producer, Rob Holiday, who mixes up the production with some danceable synths. Mix the above ingredients up, send the finished product to a label, and you’ve got a radio smash on your hands. Pena’s self-titled debut album is currently set for release this January.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Activate ft. Rick Ross" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.