You know that bubbly feeling you get when jamming out to your favorite neo-soul record? When the stars align, that girl (or guy) you’ve had your eye on finally shows some interest, or when you just received that raise at your 9-to-5? Natalie Oliveri provides listeners with that exact feeling on her brand new single, Childhood Dreams, from her forthcoming album, London Cool. For her first DJBooth.net feature, Oliveri tackles the joys and simplicity of growing up. Discussing everyday events from catching fireflies to picking up some candy, the songstress maintains a mellow and cheerful vibe over the jazzy and soulful production work of Turrell Brown (aka Rellevent). The Columbia College graduate enlists fellow Chicago artist Just Jay to drop off a guest verse, who keeps the song’s theme floating along as he delves into his formative years. For more chill and reminiscent R&B be sure to scoop up London Cool, set for release September 27.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.