You know that bubbly feeling you get when jamming out to your favorite neo-soul record? When the stars align, that girl (or guy) you’ve had your eye on finally shows some interest, or when you just received that raise at your 9-to-5? Natalie Oliveri provides listeners with that exact feeling on her brand new single, Childhood Dreams, from her forthcoming album, London Cool. For her first DJBooth.net feature, Oliveri tackles the joys and simplicity of growing up. Discussing everyday events from catching fireflies to picking up some candy, the songstress maintains a mellow and cheerful vibe over the jazzy and soulful production work of Turrell Brown (aka Rellevent). The Columbia College graduate enlists fellow Chicago artist Just Jay to drop off a guest verse, who keeps the song’s theme floating along as he delves into his formative years. For more chill and reminiscent R&B be sure to scoop up London Cool, set for release September 27.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/29/11
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.