You know that bubbly feeling you get when jamming out to your favorite neo-soul record? When the stars align, that girl (or guy) you’ve had your eye on finally shows some interest, or when you just received that raise at your 9-to-5? Natalie Oliveri provides listeners with that exact feeling on her brand new single, Childhood Dreams, from her forthcoming album, London Cool. For her first DJBooth.net feature, Oliveri tackles the joys and simplicity of growing up. Discussing everyday events from catching fireflies to picking up some candy, the songstress maintains a mellow and cheerful vibe over the jazzy and soulful production work of Turrell Brown (aka Rellevent). The Columbia College graduate enlists fellow Chicago artist Just Jay to drop off a guest verse, who keeps the song’s theme floating along as he delves into his formative years. For more chill and reminiscent R&B be sure to scoop up London Cool, set for release September 27.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.