If you celebrated the Fourth of July with a long day of drinking for America, you might be a little, uh, under the weather today. Still, for true hip-hop heads, the hunger for new music never stops. While you might not be in the right state to handle something high-octane, something more laid-back might be just want you need to make it to the weekend; enter Chi-Town producer Na$im Williams. On his latest effort, 61 Lilies, Williams cooks up a feathery, fluffy beat that is driven by a nourishing piano riff cut by a trapping synth. Emcees Sulaiman (Williams’ Treated Crew buddy), Scheme and Doc effortlessly saunter atop the jazzy beat with some refreshing, cooler than the other side of the pillow flows, which make this song selection the perfect hangover cure. There is no word on whether or not 61 Lilies will be included on anything larger, but don’t fear, should anything be announced, we will be sure to let you know.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.