If you celebrated the Fourth of July with a long day of drinking for America, you might be a little, uh, under the weather today. Still, for true hip-hop heads, the hunger for new music never stops. While you might not be in the right state to handle something high-octane, something more laid-back might be just want you need to make it to the weekend; enter Chi-Town producer Na$im Williams. On his latest effort, 61 Lilies, Williams cooks up a feathery, fluffy beat that is driven by a nourishing piano riff cut by a trapping synth. Emcees Sulaiman (Williams’ Treated Crew buddy), Scheme and Doc effortlessly saunter atop the jazzy beat with some refreshing, cooler than the other side of the pillow flows, which make this song selection the perfect hangover cure. There is no word on whether or not 61 Lilies will be included on anything larger, but don’t fear, should anything be announced, we will be sure to let you know.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/5/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.