If you celebrated the Fourth of July with a long day of drinking for America, you might be a little, uh, under the weather today. Still, for true hip-hop heads, the hunger for new music never stops. While you might not be in the right state to handle something high-octane, something more laid-back might be just want you need to make it to the weekend; enter Chi-Town producer Na$im Williams. On his latest effort, 61 Lilies, Williams cooks up a feathery, fluffy beat that is driven by a nourishing piano riff cut by a trapping synth. Emcees Sulaiman (Williams’ Treated Crew buddy), Scheme and Doc effortlessly saunter atop the jazzy beat with some refreshing, cooler than the other side of the pillow flows, which make this song selection the perfect hangover cure. There is no word on whether or not 61 Lilies will be included on anything larger, but don’t fear, should anything be announced, we will be sure to let you know.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/5/13
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.