Featured back in late March, Brazilian-American beat duo N.A.S.A.‘s latest promo single, Hide, won reader praise for its refreshing new-old school vibe as well as for Aynzli Jones’ unique vocal presence. Today, the Booth-approved cut returns in a very different form, courtesy of English EDM producer A. Skillz. While Jones’ verses and hook are retained (in tweaked and rearranged form), the dusty, breakbeat-driven groove is replaced with a blistering four-on-the floor rhythm section accompanied by buzzing, syncopated synths. Has Skillz managed to top N.A.S.A.‘s original with this dancefloor-scorching remix? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. Whatever your take, though, you can keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for the latest news and tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gifted, ft. Kanye West, Santogold, & Lykke Li" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.