Normally, when crafting a feature write-up, I try to be as impartial as possible, but I cannot Hide my appreciation for N.A.S.A. The duo, comprised of DJ/producer Sam Spiegel (Squeak E. Clean) and Brazil’s DJ Zegon, has always had a knack for recruiting marquee names; in the past, they’ve worked with the likes of Kanye, KRS-One, and Ghostface. On Hide, however, they call upon a relative unknown, Booth newcomer Anyzil Jones. While he may not be verified on Twitter quite yet, it won’t be long, as his unique style will have all eyes on him in 2013. Atop the funky, almost boom-bappy beat, fueled by a relentless snare, Jones mixes raspy sung vocals with higher-pitched flows. Hopefully this cut marks the return of N.A.S.A., who haven’t been featured on our pages since 2009. As for Jones, he is currently finishing up his next album, Future Vintage, which boasts production from Moby, Jahlil Beats and !Ilmind.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gifted, ft. Kanye West, Santogold, & Lykke Li" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.