Normally, when crafting a feature write-up, I try to be as impartial as possible, but I cannot Hide my appreciation for N.A.S.A. The duo, comprised of DJ/producer Sam Spiegel (Squeak E. Clean) and Brazil’s DJ Zegon, has always had a knack for recruiting marquee names; in the past, they’ve worked with the likes of Kanye, KRS-One, and Ghostface. On Hide, however, they call upon a relative unknown, Booth newcomer Anyzil Jones. While he may not be verified on Twitter quite yet, it won’t be long, as his unique style will have all eyes on him in 2013. Atop the funky, almost boom-bappy beat, fueled by a relentless snare, Jones mixes raspy sung vocals with higher-pitched flows. Hopefully this cut marks the return of N.A.S.A., who haven’t been featured on our pages since 2009. As for Jones, he is currently finishing up his next album, Future Vintage, which boasts production from Moby, Jahlil Beats and !Ilmind.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/29/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gifted, ft. Kanye West, Santogold, & Lykke Li" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.