Normally, when crafting a feature write-up, I try to be as impartial as possible, but I cannot Hide my appreciation for N.A.S.A. The duo, comprised of DJ/producer Sam Spiegel (Squeak E. Clean) and Brazil’s DJ Zegon, has always had a knack for recruiting marquee names; in the past, they’ve worked with the likes of Kanye, KRS-One, and Ghostface. On Hide, however, they call upon a relative unknown, Booth newcomer Anyzil Jones. While he may not be verified on Twitter quite yet, it won’t be long, as his unique style will have all eyes on him in 2013. Atop the funky, almost boom-bappy beat, fueled by a relentless snare, Jones mixes raspy sung vocals with higher-pitched flows. Hopefully this cut marks the return of N.A.S.A., who haven’t been featured on our pages since 2009. As for Jones, he is currently finishing up his next album, Future Vintage, which boasts production from Moby, Jahlil Beats and !Ilmind.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gifted, ft. Kanye West, Santogold, & Lykke Li" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.