Normally, when crafting a feature write-up, I try to be as impartial as possible, but I cannot Hide my appreciation for N.A.S.A. The duo, comprised of DJ/producer Sam Spiegel (Squeak E. Clean) and Brazil’s DJ Zegon, has always had a knack for recruiting marquee names; in the past, they’ve worked with the likes of Kanye, KRS-One, and Ghostface. On Hide, however, they call upon a relative unknown, Booth newcomer Anyzil Jones. While he may not be verified on Twitter quite yet, it won’t be long, as his unique style will have all eyes on him in 2013. Atop the funky, almost boom-bappy beat, fueled by a relentless snare, Jones mixes raspy sung vocals with higher-pitched flows. Hopefully this cut marks the return of N.A.S.A., who haven’t been featured on our pages since 2009. As for Jones, he is currently finishing up his next album, Future Vintage, which boasts production from Moby, Jahlil Beats and !Ilmind.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gifted, ft. Kanye West, Santogold, & Lykke Li" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.