Nas sure knows how to make an enemy. On his new track, Sly Fox, he sets his sight on right-wing media and really lets ‘em have it. No stone is left unturned in his scathing reproof, as he disses everybody from Bill O’Reilly (predictable) to Quentin Tarantino (who would have thought?). Even NBC’s To Catch A Predator gets knocked by Nas. Dead Prez’s stic.man, another outspoken critic of corporate media, lays down a live-sounding rock beat that sets the perfect ambiance for some good ‘ol FOX News-bashing. While nobody is really sure what to expect from his upcoming album, Untitled, I can guarantee that it will ruffle a few feathers when it drops on July 15.
Note: The streaming of “Sly Fox” has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Nas
Written by Charlie E. on 06/29/08
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)