Nas sure knows how to make an enemy. On his new track, Sly Fox, he sets his sight on right-wing media and really lets ‘em have it. No stone is left unturned in his scathing reproof, as he disses everybody from Bill O’Reilly (predictable) to Quentin Tarantino (who would have thought?). Even NBC’s To Catch A Predator gets knocked by Nas. Dead Prez’s stic.man, another outspoken critic of corporate media, lays down a live-sounding rock beat that sets the perfect ambiance for some good ‘ol FOX News-bashing. While nobody is really sure what to expect from his upcoming album, Untitled, I can guarantee that it will ruffle a few feathers when it drops on July 15.
Note: The streaming of “Sly Fox” has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Nas
Written by Charlie E. on 06/29/08
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.