Nas sure knows how to make an enemy. On his new track, Sly Fox, he sets his sight on right-wing media and really lets ‘em have it. No stone is left unturned in his scathing reproof, as he disses everybody from Bill O’Reilly (predictable) to Quentin Tarantino (who would have thought?). Even NBC’s To Catch A Predator gets knocked by Nas. Dead Prez’s stic.man, another outspoken critic of corporate media, lays down a live-sounding rock beat that sets the perfect ambiance for some good ‘ol FOX News-bashing. While nobody is really sure what to expect from his upcoming album, Untitled, I can guarantee that it will ruffle a few feathers when it drops on July 15.
Note: The streaming of “Sly Fox” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/29/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.