Nas sure knows how to make an enemy. On his new track, Sly Fox, he sets his sight on right-wing media and really lets ‘em have it. No stone is left unturned in his scathing reproof, as he disses everybody from Bill O’Reilly (predictable) to Quentin Tarantino (who would have thought?). Even NBC’s To Catch A Predator gets knocked by Nas. Dead Prez’s stic.man, another outspoken critic of corporate media, lays down a live-sounding rock beat that sets the perfect ambiance for some good ‘ol FOX News-bashing. While nobody is really sure what to expect from his upcoming album, Untitled, I can guarantee that it will ruffle a few feathers when it drops on July 15.
Note: The streaming of “Sly Fox” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/29/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.