On an album that, like Nas‘s seminal debut set, is entirely made up of standout tracks, it’s inevitable that some joints won’t get the shine they deserve. For example, Represent, which never received official visuals or a single release despite its influence on the game. To celebrate the 20th Anniversary re-release of Illmatic, a contest was held to give the record the cinematic accompaniment it deserved, and today we are proud to present the winning entry. The work of an unknown director, the video mixes original footage of the Queensbridge legend (shot at the YouTube Space Los Angeles) with silents film-style clips and title cards. For Represent and the rest of the classic LP, along with numerous unreleased cuts and freestyles, cop Illmatic XX, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.