On an album that, like Nas‘s seminal debut set, is entirely made up of standout tracks, it’s inevitable that some joints won’t get the shine they deserve. For example, Represent, which never received official visuals or a single release despite its influence on the game. To celebrate the 20th Anniversary re-release of Illmatic, a contest was held to give the record the cinematic accompaniment it deserved, and today we are proud to present the winning entry. The work of an unknown director, the video mixes original footage of the Queensbridge legend (shot at the YouTube Space Los Angeles) with silents film-style clips and title cards. For Represent and the rest of the classic LP, along with numerous unreleased cuts and freestyles, cop Illmatic XX, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)