After months of posturing, from both Nas and his label executive boss, L.A. Reid, the rapper’s forthcoming ninth studio album will no longer be titled “N*gger.” Despite the decision to drop the controversial title from the much-talked-about impending album, Nas will not be changing the messages he plans to deliver to his audience through the LP’s no-holds-barred track list. Following last month’s release of Be A N*gger Too, Nasty Nas has leaked a second song off the project, entitled N.*.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master). Poetic as always, the veteran Queensbridge rapper speaks to an African American audience and reminds his people of the hard times they been through and what they need to do in order make sure the future is bright. Don’t judge a book by its cover; the same goes for Nas.
Listen to More: Nas
Written by DJ Z on 05/20/08
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.