After months of posturing, from both Nas and his label executive boss, L.A. Reid, the rapper’s forthcoming ninth studio album will no longer be titled “N*gger.” Despite the decision to drop the controversial title from the much-talked-about impending album, Nas will not be changing the messages he plans to deliver to his audience through the LP’s no-holds-barred track list. Following last month’s release of Be A N*gger Too, Nasty Nas has leaked a second song off the project, entitled N.*.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master). Poetic as always, the veteran Queensbridge rapper speaks to an African American audience and reminds his people of the hard times they been through and what they need to do in order make sure the future is bright. Don’t judge a book by its cover; the same goes for Nas.
Written by DJ Z on 05/20/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.