After months of posturing, from both Nas and his label executive boss, L.A. Reid, the rapper’s forthcoming ninth studio album will no longer be titled “N*gger.” Despite the decision to drop the controversial title from the much-talked-about impending album, Nas will not be changing the messages he plans to deliver to his audience through the LP’s no-holds-barred track list. Following last month’s release of Be A N*gger Too, Nasty Nas has leaked a second song off the project, entitled N.*.G.G.E.R. (The Slave and the Master). Poetic as always, the veteran Queensbridge rapper speaks to an African American audience and reminds his people of the hard times they been through and what they need to do in order make sure the future is bright. Don’t judge a book by its cover; the same goes for Nas.
Written by DJ Z on 05/20/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.