As We Enter, the lead single off Nas & Damian Marley‘s long-awaited collaborative album, received overwhelmingly positive reader reviews when it hit our front page in late January, but a few remarked that another track off the project would have made an even better first impression. Previously leaked sans Nas’ closing bars but presented here in its finished form, album inclusion (but not a potential single) Strong Will Continue is an anthemic cut that simmers with slow-burning determination. Marley brings a reggae flavor to his verse and hook, but goes for a trendy fusion of rap and arena-rock on the production tip, blending street-ready piano loops and synth-strings with reverb-drenched electric-guitar riffs as Nas spits his own intricate brand of motivational lyricism, interweaving religious allusions with reflections on both the rewards and the unintended consequences of his lucrative hustle. Does Strong Will Continue have the edge over As We Enter? We report, you decide. Fans can find both records, and much more, on the East Coast icon and reggae heavyweight’s Distant Relatives LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 02/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As We Enter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.