Nas pronounced hip-hop dead, then broke out the defibrillator and shocked it back to life. (Classic) Better Than I’ve Ever Been is a Nike Air Force One 25th Anniversary Promo, and like the sneaker it’s a classic. The old school-new school collaboration features a straight turntable beat and verses from legends Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One showing the difference between “MC-ing and rap.” The question here is Kayne, does he belong among such prolific company? While it may be a little soon to grant K-West timeless status, his verse proves he can hold his own among the greatest of all-time. Better Than I’ve Ever Been is required listening for anyone who loves hip-hop. Do you?
Written by Nathan S. on 02/27/07
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.