Nas pronounced hip-hop dead, then broke out the defibrillator and shocked it back to life. (Classic) Better Than I’ve Ever Been is a Nike Air Force One 25th Anniversary Promo, and like the sneaker it’s a classic. The old school-new school collaboration features a straight turntable beat and verses from legends Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One showing the difference between “MC-ing and rap.” The question here is Kayne, does he belong among such prolific company? While it may be a little soon to grant K-West timeless status, his verse proves he can hold his own among the greatest of all-time. Better Than I’ve Ever Been is required listening for anyone who loves hip-hop. Do you?
Written by Nathan S. on 02/27/07
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)