Nas pronounced hip-hop dead, then broke out the defibrillator and shocked it back to life. (Classic) Better Than I’ve Ever Been is a Nike Air Force One 25th Anniversary Promo, and like the sneaker it’s a classic. The old school-new school collaboration features a straight turntable beat and verses from legends Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One showing the difference between “MC-ing and rap.” The question here is Kayne, does he belong among such prolific company? While it may be a little soon to grant K-West timeless status, his verse proves he can hold his own among the greatest of all-time. Better Than I’ve Ever Been is required listening for anyone who loves hip-hop. Do you?
Written by Nathan S. on 02/27/07
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.