Nas pronounced hip-hop dead, then broke out the defibrillator and shocked it back to life. (Classic) Better Than I’ve Ever Been is a Nike Air Force One 25th Anniversary Promo, and like the sneaker it’s a classic. The old school-new school collaboration features a straight turntable beat and verses from legends Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One showing the difference between “MC-ing and rap.” The question here is Kayne, does he belong among such prolific company? While it may be a little soon to grant K-West timeless status, his verse proves he can hold his own among the greatest of all-time. Better Than I’ve Ever Been is required listening for anyone who loves hip-hop. Do you?
Written by Nathan S. on 02/27/07
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.