Nas pronounced hip-hop dead, then broke out the defibrillator and shocked it back to life. (Classic) Better Than I’ve Ever Been is a Nike Air Force One 25th Anniversary Promo, and like the sneaker it’s a classic. The old school-new school collaboration features a straight turntable beat and verses from legends Nas, Rakim, and KRS-One showing the difference between “MC-ing and rap.” The question here is Kayne, does he belong among such prolific company? While it may be a little soon to grant K-West timeless status, his verse proves he can hold his own among the greatest of all-time. Better Than I’ve Ever Been is required listening for anyone who loves hip-hop. Do you?
Written by Nathan S. on 02/27/07
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.