Remember how, whenever Will Smith starred in a high-budget popcorn movie, he used to drop a single in which he basically summarized the film’s premise—complete with a chorus repeating its title ad infinitum, for maximum stickiness? I was hoping It’s a Tower Heist was a similar case, since a buddy comedy about Nas and Rick Ross teaming up to rob a Wall Street fat cat’s penthouse, is something I’d pay good money to see. Alas, the rappers aren’t going to be acting in Tower Heist—but that doesn’t mean we can’t listen to the latest single off the soundtrack and imagine what might have been. Salaam Remi shoots for high-rolling intrigue behind the boards, blending head-noddable percussion with cinematic string hits as the Queensbridge heavyweight shares his motivation for taking part in the heist, as well as delving into the procedural nuts and bolts of the operation. Unsurprisingly, Ricky Rozay is more interested in the big bucks that’ll result from the crime; on the back, the Bawse drools over visions of Benzes and beautiful women. So, has this jam got you amped for Tower Heist? Watch for the flick to hit theaters Nov. 8, one week after the soundtrack’s Nov. 1 drop date.
Written by richard on 10/13/11
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.