Hip Hop Is Dead, produced by Black Eyed Peas front man Will.I.Am, is set to a heavy rock beat (interspersed with old-school breaks) which showcases the unique ability of Nas to move forward with his music—while using what has worked for him in the past. The cut is the first single, from the album of the same name, which is set to drop this December following the release of long time nemesis and now boss, Sean “Jay-Z” Carter.
Written by DJ Z on 11/1/06
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.