Hip Hop Is Dead, produced by Black Eyed Peas front man Will.I.Am, is set to a heavy rock beat (interspersed with old-school breaks) which showcases the unique ability of Nas to move forward with his music—while using what has worked for him in the past. The cut is the first single, from the album of the same name, which is set to drop this December following the release of long time nemesis and now boss, Sean “Jay-Z” Carter.
Written by DJ Z on 11/1/06
Ask any rapper alive and they will tell you the same thing: controversy sells. The creation of a buzz worthy diss song, at just the right time, against a fellow artist can increase sales by leaps and bounds. The question...
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.