Nas is all about controversy. After “Baracking” the mic on his mixtape jam, Black President, the Brooklyn lyricist is back with Hero, the first official single off his Untitled album. As can be expected, Nas is his typical brutally honest self, cramming a handful of provocative rhymes into every bar with a furious intensity. His three verses are backed by the unlikely production of Polow Da Don, who provides an energetic beat laced with a music box synth dancing above epic drums. While nobody really knows what to expect from Untitled, which drops July 15, songs like Hero indicate that Nasir Jones is once again out for blood. Let’s just hope that the album lives up to all its hype, because the man is already angry enough as it is.
Note: The streaming of “Hero” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/8/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.