Nas’s latest album, Untitled, has fallen on hard times. With no definitive second single choice, no videos, and a rapidly-diminishing buzz, Mr. Jones and his label have decided to push Make The World Go Round as the long-awaited follow-up to Hero. Featuring Chris Breezy and The Game, the single boasts big names, but fails to live up to Nas’ past uplifting material—those who were looking for another If I Ruled The World, or even Street Dreams, prepare to be disappointed. Produced by Cool & Dre, this musically voyeuristic track marks the fifth collaboration between the Queensbridge lyricist and Compton’s most suicidal soothsayer. Untitled, Nas’s ninth studio album, was released this past July via Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.