Nas’s latest album, Untitled, has fallen on hard times. With no definitive second single choice, no videos, and a rapidly-diminishing buzz, Mr. Jones and his label have decided to push Make The World Go Round as the long-awaited follow-up to Hero. Featuring Chris Breezy and The Game, the single boasts big names, but fails to live up to Nas’ past uplifting material—those who were looking for another If I Ruled The World, or even Street Dreams, prepare to be disappointed. Produced by Cool & Dre, this musically voyeuristic track marks the fifth collaboration between the Queensbridge lyricist and Compton’s most suicidal soothsayer. Untitled, Nas’s ninth studio album, was released this past July via Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.