Nas’s latest album, Untitled, has fallen on hard times. With no definitive second single choice, no videos, and a rapidly-diminishing buzz, Mr. Jones and his label have decided to push Make The World Go Round as the long-awaited follow-up to Hero. Featuring Chris Breezy and The Game, the single boasts big names, but fails to live up to Nas’ past uplifting material—those who were looking for another If I Ruled The World, or even Street Dreams, prepare to be disappointed. Produced by Cool & Dre, this musically voyeuristic track marks the fifth collaboration between the Queensbridge lyricist and Compton’s most suicidal soothsayer. Untitled, Nas’s ninth studio album, was released this past July via Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)