As anyone lucky enough to hit up this past summer’s Rock the Bells tour knows, legendary emcee Nas and reggae progeny Damian Marley have teamed up for a collabo album, and today we’re being treated to their first official single As We Enter (an apt title considering the circumstances). Produced by Marley himself, As We Enter bounds across your speakers with a retro-meets-dancehall beat that Nas and Damian use to spit their respective flows, teaming up for lines like “I got the guns / and I got the ganga / so we can blaze it up on your block if ya wanna.” Well then, looks like the two are a match made in hip-hop heaven. I can’t put my finger on it exactly, but for some reason the chorus feels flat. Other than that, I don’t know how you could listen to As We Enter and not feel hyped for their new album Distant Relatives, which is tentatively due out April 20; and by ‘tentative” I mean you shouldn’t be surprised if April rolls around with nary a Distant Relatives to be found.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strong Will Continue" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.