As anyone lucky enough to hit up this past summer’s Rock the Bells tour knows, legendary emcee Nas and reggae progeny Damian Marley have teamed up for a collabo album, and today we’re being treated to their first official single As We Enter (an apt title considering the circumstances). Produced by Marley himself, As We Enter bounds across your speakers with a retro-meets-dancehall beat that Nas and Damian use to spit their respective flows, teaming up for lines like “I got the guns / and I got the ganga / so we can blaze it up on your block if ya wanna.” Well then, looks like the two are a match made in hip-hop heaven. I can’t put my finger on it exactly, but for some reason the chorus feels flat. Other than that, I don’t know how you could listen to As We Enter and not feel hyped for their new album Distant Relatives, which is tentatively due out April 20; and by ‘tentative” I mean you shouldn’t be surprised if April rolls around with nary a Distant Relatives to be found.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Strong Will Continue" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.