If you haven’t yet signed up for Nas and Damian Marley’s African tour, there’s no need to worry; even though their recent Booth features As We Enter and Strong Will Continue have caught fire, the tour is just beginning, so take your seat. Approaching us on your left is Africa Must Wake Up, a brilliant album cut that has Nas and Damian teaming up with K’Naan to deliver nearly seven minutes of inspiration…please, no pictures – it’s known for its timid nature. As you can see on our right, Mr. Marley’s passionate vocals on the hook and simplistic drum foundation, soft strings and guitar on the production compliments Africa nicely. Straight ahead of us (if you stay quiet) you can hear K’Naan singing a verse in his native tongue – the beautiful arrangement has been said by villagers in these parts to have the power to calm, ease tension, and even heal those who listen to it. Be sure to pick up a copy of Nas & Damian’s collaborative project Distant Relatives at the end of this tour…uh…I mean when it drops May 18.
Written by Matty K on 04/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"As We Enter" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.