Nas may not have found his soulmate just yet, but the rap icon isn’t giving up just yet. On freshly-released album standout Cherry Wine, the Queensbridge veteran spits an exhaustive description of his ideal woman, wondering when that perfect girl will finally find her way into his life. Production vet Salaam Remi provides a velvety, piano-laced groove to accompany Nas’ romantic daydreams, and Amy Winehouse (whose “cherry” guitar inspired the record’s title) contributes her inimitable vocals to the record’s chorus. Director Jay Martin dedicates his bittersweet, elegant visuals to the late soul singer. Released July 17, as the artist’s final project with Def Jam, the Booth-acclaimed Life Is Good is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
In a way, it’s a compliment to say that a rapper’s fallen off. To have fallen, you must have once been at the top, and very few people can legitimately claim to have been the best in their profession, even if only for a...
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.