Nas may not have found his soulmate just yet, but the rap icon isn’t giving up just yet. On freshly-released album standout Cherry Wine, the Queensbridge veteran spits an exhaustive description of his ideal woman, wondering when that perfect girl will finally find her way into his life. Production vet Salaam Remi provides a velvety, piano-laced groove to accompany Nas’ romantic daydreams, and Amy Winehouse (whose “cherry” guitar inspired the record’s title) contributes her inimitable vocals to the record’s chorus. Director Jay Martin dedicates his bittersweet, elegant visuals to the late soul singer. Released July 17, as the artist’s final project with Def Jam, the Booth-acclaimed Life Is Good is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.