Since Nas is on record saying that his Life is Good album, and certainly the cover, is directly inspired by his acrimonious divorce with Kelis, we can just go ahead and assume that Bye Baby and its music video is pretty damn close to autobiographical, if not completely autobiographical. Super producer Salaam Remi and Drake’s resident boardsmitih Noah “40” Shebib join forces to create a lightly paced, heavily R&B influenced beat that sounds straight out of 1998 on the chorus. On the mic Nas once again displays his extraordinary storytelling skills, delving deep into the details of how a marriage between
a woman Kelis and a man
can go from storybook romance to bitter fights to some sort of resolution: “Bye baby I guess you know why I had to leave / seven months into your pregnancy, about to have my seed.” As if hip-hop nation needed any more incentive to purchase Nas’ Life is Good album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.