With Barack Obama’s victory earlier this week, the famous lyrics of 2pac Shakur, “And though it seems heaven-sent / We ain’t ready to have a black President,” ring false for the first time ever. Though Obama has not won anything just yet, his place in this November’s election is both monumental and historic. Similar to Obama, veteran emcee Nas has preached change, both in the form of hip hop and in which people perceive usage of the word “n*gger.” Though his forthcoming summer release will no longer hold the controversial title, Esco has hooked up with DJ Green Lantern to release a pre-album mixtape, entitled The N*gger Tape. The first joint to leak off the album (Yo, Lowkey) is the Lantern-produced, Black President.
Note: The streaming of “Black President” has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Nas
Written by DJ Z on 06/5/08
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.