Racism exists in America and Nas knows it. For that reason, among several others that the iconic rapper has mentioned in various interviews, he will title his new album N*gger. After listing the various hate crimes that have been performed to his fellow “n*ggers,” the Queensbridge born MC rhetorically and sarcastically asks, “Wouldn’t you like to be a n*gger too?” On this, the first single to be released off the aforementioned new album, Nas controversially drops racist slurs heard by Jews, Italians, Hispanics and Asians in this play on the famous Dr. Pepper “Wouldn’t You Like To Be A Pepper Too” advertising campaign. Nas’ label, Def Jam, has not set a release date for N*gger.
Listen to More: Nas Written by DJ Z
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.