Racism exists in America and Nas knows it. For that reason, among several others that the iconic rapper has mentioned in various interviews, he will title his new album N*gger. After listing the various hate crimes that have been performed to his fellow “n*ggers,” the Queensbridge born MC rhetorically and sarcastically asks, “Wouldn’t you like to be a n*gger too?” On this, the first single to be released off the aforementioned new album, Nas controversially drops racist slurs heard by Jews, Italians, Hispanics and Asians in this play on the famous Dr. Pepper “Wouldn’t You Like To Be A Pepper Too” advertising campaign. Nas’ label, Def Jam, has not set a release date for N*gger.
Written by DJ Z on 04/21/08
Submit your Rating
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.