Racism exists in America and Nas knows it. For that reason, among several others that the iconic rapper has mentioned in various interviews, he will title his new album N*gger. After listing the various hate crimes that have been performed to his fellow “n*ggers,” the Queensbridge born MC rhetorically and sarcastically asks, “Wouldn’t you like to be a n*gger too?” On this, the first single to be released off the aforementioned new album, Nas controversially drops racist slurs heard by Jews, Italians, Hispanics and Asians in this play on the famous Dr. Pepper “Wouldn’t You Like To Be A Pepper Too” advertising campaign. Nas’ label, Def Jam, has not set a release date for N*gger.
Listen to More: Nas
Written by DJ Z on 04/21/08
Ill Will/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Don't (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.