One of Mary J. Blige‘s mid-90’s signature singles was My Life, the stand out title track from her acclaimed second studio album. Believe it or not, but 17 years later - oh, how time flies - the woozy, heavyhearted R&B cut serves as inspiration for rapper Nard Dinero‘s newest song release. On the Charlotte, North Carolina emcee’s My Life, producer Mr. Incredible pairs the Grammy award-winning artist’s vocals with various drum kicks for a super lax production. That is, however, where any similarities between the two songs of the same title end. Instead, Dinero boasts on the various occurrences in his day-to-day life, which include everything from getting high with his girl and skipping class to taking part in a little “extracurricular activity.” I seriously doubt that Mary would approve. My Life will be featured on the DJBooth newcomer’s Value Of Dinero project, which is due out this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
Fader Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Money and Girls" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.