One of Mary J. Blige‘s mid-90’s signature singles was My Life, the stand out title track from her acclaimed second studio album. Believe it or not, but 17 years later - oh, how time flies - the woozy, heavyhearted R&B cut serves as inspiration for rapper Nard Dinero‘s newest song release. On the Charlotte, North Carolina emcee’s My Life, producer Mr. Incredible pairs the Grammy award-winning artist’s vocals with various drum kicks for a super lax production. That is, however, where any similarities between the two songs of the same title end. Instead, Dinero boasts on the various occurrences in his day-to-day life, which include everything from getting high with his girl and skipping class to taking part in a little “extracurricular activity.” I seriously doubt that Mary would approve. My Life will be featured on the DJBooth newcomer’s Value Of Dinero project, which is due out this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
Fader Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Money and Girls" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.