How did Funk Volume signee Jarren Benton end up on a record with Kentucky underground mainstays Nappy Roots? To be quite honest, I have No Idea. Regardless, we can all be glad that it did happen, because this new single is some damn fine Southern hip-hop. Backed by the grimy piano-loop boardwork of SMKA (who produce the whole project), Skinny DeVille, B. Stille, Ron Clutch and Fish Scales take a break from the introspective lyricism of previous features to simply go H.A.M. on the mic. Needless to say, Benton’s unhinged rhyme style sounds right at home amid his collaborators’ aggressive, deftly-flowed bars. The 40 Akerz Project has yet to receive a drop date; keep it locked for release details on the set, as well as all the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/17/14
Submit your Rating
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.