Nappy Roots just don’t know how to be anything but completely honest. Fresh off their openly candid, Booth-approved last single Congratulations, the Southern soaked quintet wear their hearts on their sleeves…I mean mics on their sleeves…I mean hearts on their mics…whatever, you get what I’m going for…on new single Hey Love. Constant production collaborators Organized Noize lay down an appropriately romantic yet dark beat for emcees Skinny Deville, B. Stille, Ron Clutch, Big V. and Fish Scales to lay down their lyrical meditations on, digging deep into a love that keeps you coming back, even if it’d be better for everyone involved if you just walked away. Throw in a gritty hook from Samuel Christian and you’ve got a record everyone can relate to; or at least everyone who’s actually been in a relationship. Does this slow burner get you in the mood to show the Nappy Roots some love? You’re in luck. Their upcoming album Nappy Dot Org is set to hit our eardrums on September 27 and be sure to catch one of the best live shows around when the DJBooth-presented Nappy Dot Org Tour hits your city.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/15/11
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)